Philippines First: An Edutainment 3D Game for Android Mobile Platform using Separating Axis Theorem (SAT) Algorithm
- Karen Nicole B. Francisco
- Jerico D. Concepcion
- Azenith R. Mojica
- Shenny Angela B Montes
- De La Salle University - Dasmariñas
Philippines First is a single player three-dimensional (3D) edutainment game for Android mobile platform. The concept of the game is to promote the Philippine tourism by providing interesting information about the different tourist spots around the country. The player will help the character named Jake to explore the different tourist spots in the Philippines. As the player helps Jake in travelling the different tourist spots, the player learns facts and trivia about the places. Philippines First consists of three stages that will be divided in each major island of the Philippines (Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao). Each stage has five destinations. In each destination, the character will roam around the environment, and he must talk to people to gather information about that tourist spot. To exit the destination, the player will enter through a portal which leads to the quiz. Iterative methodology was adapted to find errors at an early stage of software development life cycle. The proponents used this methodology to make the game development process flexible and easy to manage. Iterative methodology allowed the proponents to capitalize on the learning that was accumulated during the development of earlier parts or versions of the solution. The game was evaluated by 100 respondents in terms of functionality, reliability, usability, efficiency and maintainability. Respondents who tested the game find it educational and have discovered new information, as the game promotes mostly underrated tourist spots in the Philippines. The respondents liked the game interface. The attractive design of the game adds an appeal to the audience.
- 3D Game, Android Application, Edutainment, Philippine Tourist Spots, Separating Axis Theorem (SAT) Algorithm
APA 7th Edition:
Francisco, K., Conception, J., Mojica, A., & Montes, S. (2019). Philippines First: An Edutainment 3D Game for Android Mobile Platform using Separating Axis Theorem (SAT) Algorithm. Innovatus, 2(1), 12-15.
Francisco, K., Conception, J., Mojica, A. and Montes, S., 2019. Philippines First: An Edutainment 3D Game for Android Mobile Platform using Separating Axis Theorem (SAT) Algorithm. Innovatus, 2(1), pp.12-15.
 K. Francisco, J. Conception, A. Mojica and S. Montes, "Philippines First: An Edutainment 3D Game for Android Mobile Platform using Separating Axis Theorem (SAT) Algorithm", Innovatus, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 12-15, 2019.
- M. Limpag, “KulTOURa: Philippine Culture”, June 2017. [Online], Available: https://appadvice.com/app/kultoura-philippine-culture/1236195273.
- D. Dela Cruz, S. Flores, J. Mendoza, “Jeepney Flash: An Edutainment Android Game”, Undergraduate thesis, De La Salle University-Dasmariñas, Dasmariñas Cavite, Philippines, 2014.
- L. Tatu, “Math Jump: An Educational Mobile Game”, 2013. [Online], Available: http://theseus.fi/bitstream/handle/10024/55158/Laine_Tatu.pdf?sequence=1 .