A Problem Oriented Approach to Implementing an Inventory and Point-of-Sale System for Company KCP
- Patricia Denisse T. Sison
- Karla P. Oreiro
- John Cedric Z. Camalit
- Giuseppe C. Ng
- University of Asia and the Pacific
In an observation concerning a school cafeteria operation, we discovered that the cafeteria was prone to human errors due to the inefficient Point-of-Sale system, lack of a refund feature in the system, lack of proper and informative inventory system, and the unfriendly main user interface for transactions. These main problems led to the occurrence of more problems like slow transaction time, product shortage, product overstocking leading to product spoilage, the loss of data integrity, data redundancy, and the occurrence of inaccurate information due to manual transactions to record the refunded items, and an overall inefficient and ineffective system. This paper proposes a software design for an automated point-of-sale and inventory management system that aims to reduce the amount of data redundancy and the loss of data integrity within the system in order to attain a better business process. The development of a prototype that encompasses solutions to solve the aforementioned problems was used to validate the design and initial results showed that the client supports the relevance of the design.
- Point-of-Sale, Inventory Management, Inbound Logistics, Outbound Logistics, Stock Keeping Unit (S.K.U), Agile, Transactions
APA 7th Edition:
Sison, P., Oreiro, K., Camalit, J., & Ng, G. (2019). A Problem Oriented Approach to Implementing an Inventory and Point-of-Sale System for Company KCP. Innovatus, 2(1), 95-100.
Sison, P., Oreiro, K., Camalit, J. and Ng, G., 2019. A Problem Oriented Approach to Implementing an Inventory and Point-of-Sale System for Company KCP. Innovatus, 2(1), pp.95-100.
 P. Sison, K. Oreiro, J. Camalit and G. Ng, "A Problem Oriented Approach to Implementing an Inventory and Point-of-Sale System for Company KCP", Innovatus, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 95-100, 2019.
- T. Edwards et al., “Point-of-Sale system”, 2013. [Online]. Available: https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/59/f3/79/61ec5b859d5bb0/US9424721.pdf
- K. Hieema, “What is a POS System?”, 2015. [Online]. Available: https://erply.com/pos-system/
- K. Santiago, “Sales and Inventory System Thesis Documentation”. [Online]. Available: https://www.academia.edu/16863814/Sales_and_Inventory_System_Thesis_Documentation?autodownload
- A. Bhat, “What is Research - Definition, Types, Methods & Examples.”, November 11, 2018. [Online]. Available: https://www.questionpro.com/blog/what-is-research/
- I. Sommerville, “Software Engineering 10th Edition”, 2016. RR Donnelly, USA
- A. Darmawan, "Analisis Pengembangan Sistem Informasi Untuk Minimarket Menggunakan Kerangka Fast", Sarjana Teknik Program Studi Teknik Industri, Universitas Komputer Indonesia, 2019.
- Syaifudin, M., Fauziah, F., & Rahman, B. . (2021). Point of Sale Framework-Based Code Igniter and Model View Controller Using Lighthouse Testing. Journal of Computer Networks, Architecture and High Performance Computing, 3(2), 202-212. https://doi.org/10.47709/cnahpc.v3i2.1006.