Emerging Themes on Filipino Companies' Needs Towards Quality Management
- Giuseppe C. Ng
- University of Asia and the Pacific
Based on previous studies, there is a need for Philippines businesses to reinvent itself. Critical as it is to prepare for the future, for many local traditional companies, starting with adopting existing technology solutions to solve operational issues may be a more important first step. The study conducted attempts to identify a theme of current issues facing companies through keyword analysis. 26 companies responded and were willing to be profiled and their business processes were subjected through thematic analysis. The results showed that many still operate in manual and traditional ways and require existing system to automate their processes. Employment of systems can improve their capacity of quality management in the 4th Industrial Revolution. The result of this study could be used for further researches into key technologies that Filipino companies need to invest in.
- Filipino Companies, Information Systems, I.T. Solutions, Technology
APA 7th Edition:
Ng, G. (2019). Emerging Themes on Filipino Companies' Needs Towards Quality Management. Innovatus, 2(1), 89-94.
Ng, G., 2019. Emerging Themes on Filipino Companies' Needs Towards Quality Management. Innovatus, 2(1), pp.89-94.
 G. Ng, "Emerging Themes on Filipino Companies' Needs Towards Quality Management", Innovatus, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 89-94, 2019.
- G. Ching and V. Pedrasta, “Trends and perspectives of information technology development in the Philippines: A review of Filipino-Chinese schools,” International Journal of Research Studies in Computing, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 3–10, Jun. 2011.
- “The rising role of IT in physical access control - IFSEC Global | Security and Fire News and Resources,” 24-Sep- 2018. [Online]. Available: https://www.ifsecglobal.com/access-control/rising-role-it-physical-access-control/. [Accessed: 28-Jan-2019].
- “The Role of Information Systems in Running the 21st Century Organization,” The University of Scranton Online, 22-Aug-2013. [Online]. Available: https://elearning.scranton.edu/resource/business-leadership/the-role-of-information-systems-in-increasing-productivity. [Accessed: 28-Jan-2019].
- ABS-CBN News, “Jack Ma: PH can ride new tech revolution despite internet woes,” ABS-CBN News, 25-Oct- 2017. [Online]. Available: https://news.abs-cbn.com/business/10/25/17/jack-ma-ph-can-ride-new-tech-revolution-despite-internet-woes. [Accessed: 28-Jan-2019].
- “Driving Innovation to Deliver Economic Value: A Needs Assessment of the Philippines’ Technology Sector,” USAID. [Online]. Available: http://www.stride.org.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/A-Needs-Assessment-of-the-Philippine-Technology-Sector_UpdatedLayout.pdf. [Accessed: 28-Jan-2019].
- F. M. A. Quimba, J. R. G. Albert, and G. M. Llanto, “Innovation Activity of Firms in the Philippines,” Philippine Institute for Development Studies, 2017-44, Dec. 2017.
- E. P. Dadios et al., “Preparing the Philippines for the Fourth Industrial Revolution: A Scoping Study,” Philippine Institute for Development Studies, 2018-11, Aug. 2018.
- “The Fourth Industrial Revolution: what it means and how to respond,” World Economic Forum. [Online]. Available: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/01/the-fourth-industrial-revolution-what-it-means-and-how-to-respond/s. [Accessed: 28-Jan-2019].
- S. Connell, “As Industry 4.0 continues to evolve, what can quality professionals do to ensure they will be an integral asset throughout this industrial revolution? - Quality in Mind,” Quality in Mind, 10-Jul-2017. [Online]. Available: http://asq.org/blog/2017/07/as-industry-4-0-continues-to-evolve-what-can-quality-professionals-do-to-ensure-they-will-be-an-integral-asset-throughout-this-industrial-revolution/. [Accessed: 28-Jan-2019].
- H. Foidl and M. Felderer, “Research Challenges of Industry 4.0 for Quality Management,” in Innovations in Enterprise Information Systems Management and Engineering, vol. 245, M. Felderer, F. Piazolo, W. Ortner, L. Brehm, and H.-J. Hof, Eds. Cham: Springer International Publishing, 2016, pp. 121–137.
- “The digital edge for SMEs,” Rappler. [Online]. Available: http://www.rappler.com//brandrap/tech-and-innovation/104434-sme-digital-edge. [Accessed: 28-Jan-2019].
- K. Kenny et al., “5 Essential POS System Features for Small Businesses - PSST! PH: Your Featured Online Lifestyle, Entertainment, News and Technology,” PSST! PH: Your Featured Online Lifestyle, Entertainment, News and Technology, 30-Apr-2018. [Online]. Available: http://www.psst.ph/5-essential-pos-system-features-small-businesses/. [Accessed: 28-Jan-2019].
- O. C. Enteria and M. S. Role, “Education Management and Information System (EMIS) for Public Elementary Schools,” int.jour.sci.res.mana., vol. 6, no. 06, Jun. 2018.
- G. W. Ryan and H. R. Bernard, “Techniques to Identify Themes,” Field methods, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 85–109, Feb. 2003.
- S. E. Phelan, “What Is Complexity Science, Really?” Emergence, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 120–136, Apr. 2001.
- “Importance of Inventory Management Systems,” Bizfluent. [Online]. Available: https://bizfluent.com/about-5518506-importance-inventory-management-systems.html [Accessed: 28-Jan-2019].
- J. Simpson, “Tracking Your Marketing Efforts: Why It’s Important and How to Start,” Forbes, 06-Oct-2017. [Online]. Available: https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesagencycouncil/2017/10/06/tracking-your-marketing-efforts-why-its-important-and-how-to-start/. [Accessed: 28-Jan-2019].