eClaims: A Cloud-based Scheduling and Processing of Members Benefit Claims for Social Insurance Information System
- Jayrezze O. Cañedo
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines Graduate School
eClaims is a cloud-based information system that provides more enhanced online social insurance benefit transactions. It eliminates the inconvenience on the part of the members in filing and processing claims from social insurance agencies. This system provides assistance to the compulsory members in filing and monitoring their claims application. This system also covers the processing and scheduling of payment for retirement, EC sickness, and disability benefits. By using this system, members can now be able to file their claims online and submit the necessary documentary requirements. eClaims has SMS and email notification feature that will inform and update the member about the status of the claim. On the part of the claims processor, this system allows them to view and evaluate the claims of the members, process the payments and schedule the date of releasing of benefits. Processors can also put remarks if the documents filed need further verification. eClaims includes integration of MacroDroid, real-time claim analytics, and cloud computing. Real-time claim analytics display reports on the number of benefits filed, list of claims application and list of released payments. The development of eClaims enhances the quality of services and promotes a hassle-free online transaction between social insurance members and claims processors. It also addresses the challenges that the members are experiencing today in manually processing their claims. Furthermore, eClaims aims to support a less paper manner of benefits application.
- eClaims, Cloud Computing, MacroDroid, Members Benefit Claims, Web-Based Application
APA 7th Edition:
Cañedo, J. (2019). eClaims: A Cloud-based Scheduling and Processing of Members Benefit Claims for Social Insurance Information System. Innovatus, 2(1), 66-70.
Cañedo, J., 2019. eClaims: A Cloud-based Scheduling and Processing of Members Benefit Claims for Social Insurance Information System. Innovatus, 2(1), pp.66-70.
 J. Cañedo, "eClaims: A Cloud-based Scheduling and Processing of Members Benefit Claims for Social Insurance Information System", Innovatus, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 66-70, 2019.
- Manasan, R. (2009). A Review of Social Insurance in the Philippines. Volume 36, No. 2. Philippine Journal of Development. Number 67, Second Semester.
- Yoon, Seok-Yong (“SY”) (2016). Integration of Social Insurance Information Systems in Korea.
- Wang, Dewen (2018). Disclosable Restructuring Paper – China: Guangdong Social Security Integration and Rural Worker Training – P117596 (English). Washington, D.C.: World Bank Group.
- Given, L. M. (2008). The SAGE encyclopedia of qualitative research methods (Vols. 1-0). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications, Inc. doi: 10.4135/9781412963909
- StatPac Inc. (2017). Survey Sampling Methods. Retrieved from https://www.statpac.com/surveys/sampling.htm
- DeRosa, J. (August 2013). Improving Claims Management Through Cloud Computing. Retrieved from https://www.claimsjournal.com/news/national2013/08/15/234953.htm.
- Rai, U. & Kothandaraman R. (2014). Streamlining Claims Processing Towards a Better Customer Experience.
- BusinessDictionary.com. (N.D.). Claims Processing. Retrieved August 20, 2015, from http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/claims-processing.html