A Survey on 6G Requirements, Implementation Challenges and Potential Use Cases
- Rosemarie E. Reyes
- University of Asia and the Pacific
The evolution of wireless technology has drastically transformed how we communicate and access information. As we approach the end of the 5G era, attention is already turning to the next generation of wireless technology: 6G. While 6G is still in its early stages of development, experts predict that it will offer even faster speeds, lower latency, and greater capacity than its predecessor. However, implementing 6G poses a number of significant challenges. This paper will explore the critical challenges in 6G implementation and discuss potential solutions, opportunities and use cases that this new generation of technology may provide.
- 6G Technologies
- 6G Challenges
- 6G Use Cases
APA 7th Edition:
Reyes, R. E. (2023). A Survey on 6G Requirements, Implementation Challenges and Potential Use Cases. Innovatus: A Journal on Computing Technology Innovations, 6(1), 11–17. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7889104
Reyes, R.E. (2023) “A Survey on 6G Requirements, Implementation Challenges and Potential Use Cases,” Innovatus: A Journal on Computing Technology Innovations, 6(1), pp. 11–17. Available at: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7889104.
 R. E. Reyes, “A Survey on 6G Requirements, Implementation Challenges and Potential Use Cases,” Innovatus: A Journal on Computing Technology Innovations, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 11–17, May 2023.
- Lundberg. John “Evolution of Wireless Communication Technologies”, 2020 May, page 1.
- Luo, et al. “Optimization Design for Federated Learning in Heterogeneous 6G Networks”, 2023
- Chen, et al. “5G-Advanced Towards 6G: Past, Present and Future”, 2023 March 13, page 1.
- Hakeem, et al. “Security Requirements and Challenges of 6G Technologies and Applications. Sensors Basel, 2022 March 2, page 1.
- Wang, et.al. “On the Road to 6G: Visions, Requirements, Key Technologies and Test Beds. IEEE Communications, Surveys and Tutorials, 2023, page 4.
- Fatima, et al. “Network Privacy and Security Issues in 5G and 6G, 2023, page 2.
- Sharma, et.al. “Towards Deterministic Communications in 6G Networks: State of the Art, Open Challenges and Way Forward” 2023
- Ounza, “A taxonomical survey of 5G and 6G security and privacy issues” 2023
- Sandeepa, et al. “A Survey on Privacy for B5G/6G: New Privacy Challenges, and Research Directions”, 2022, page 7.
- Banafaa, et al, “6G Mobile Communication Technology: Requirements, Targets, Applications, Challenges, Advantages and Opportunities”, 2022
- Nguyen, et al., “Security and Privacy for 6G: A Survey on Prospective Technologies and Challenges”, 2021
- Shahraki, et al. “A Comprehensive Survey on 6G Networks: Applications, Core Services, Enabling Technologies, and Future Challenges”, 2021
- Mu, et al. “NOMA for Integrating Sensing and Communications towards 6G: A Multiple Access Perspective” 2022
- Wild, et al., “Joint Design of Communication and Sensing for Beyond 5G and 6G Systems” 2021
- Liu, et al., “Integrated Sensing and Communications: Towards Dual-functional Wireless Networks for 6G and Beyond”, 2021
- Liu, et al., “Machine Learning for 6G Enhanced UltraReliable and Low-Latency Services” 2022
- Akbar, et al., “6G Survey on Challenges, Requirements, Applications, Key Enabling Technologies, Use Cases, AI integration issues and Security aspects”, 2022
- Mitra, et al., “Towards 6G Communications: Architecture, Challenges, and Future Directions”, 2022
- Xue, et al., “Exploration and Application of AI in 6G Field”, 2022
- Porambage, et al. “6G Security Challenges and Potential Solution”, 2021
- Nguyen, et al. “Security and Privacy for 6G: A Survey on Prospective Technologies and Challenges”, 2021
- Akhtar, et al. “The Shift to Communications: Vision and Requirements”, 2020