Driving efficiency, competitiveness and innovation in the maritime transportation sector through API-based integration and collaboration
- Varsolo Sunio
- Department of Science and Technology-Philippine Council for Industry, Energy, and Emerging Technology Research and Development, Taguig City, Philippines
- Science Engineering and Management Research Institute, University of Asia and the Pacific, Pasig City, Philippines
- John Anthony Jose
- De La Salle University, Manila, Philippines
- Francis Cruz
- F.F. Cruz Shipping Corporation, Philippines
- Mikhail Torres
- EACOMM Corporation, Quezon City, Philippines
- Luisito delos Santos
- Maritime Industry Authority, Manila, Philippines
APA 7th Edition:
Sunio, V., Jose, J. A., Cruz, F., Torres, M., & delos Santos, L. (2022). Driving efficiency, competitiveness and innovation in the maritime transportation sector through API-based integration and collaboration. Innovatus: A Journal on Computing Technology Innovations, 7–10. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7269117.
Sunio, V. et al. (2022) “Driving efficiency, competitiveness and innovation in the maritime transportation sector through API-based integration and collaboration,” Innovatus: A Journal on Computing Technology Innovations, pp. 7–10. Available at: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7269117.
 V. Sunio, J. A. Jose, F. Cruz, M. Torres, and L. delos Santos, “Driving efficiency, competitiveness and innovation in the maritime transportation sector through API-based integration and collaboration,” Innovatus: A Journal on Computing Technology Innovations, pp. 7–10, Dec. 2022.
- Aldaba, R. (2021, May 7). Industry 4.0-Readiness of Philippine Industries. Smart Industry Readiness Executive Workshop: Unlocking Industry Potential through SIRI. Competitiveness and Innovation Group, Department of Trade and Industry, Philippine Government.
- Business Mirror (2022). Philippine Ports Authority chief delos Santos vows push to sustainable green ports. https://businessmirror.com.ph/2022/09/20/ppa-chief-delos-santos-vows-push-to-sustainable-green-ports/
- Cruz, A (2021). Digital Transformation Program for Rural Banks. https://rbap.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/2.-Digital-Transformation-for-Rural-Banks-v1.0.pdf
- de la Peña Zarzuelo, I., Soeane, M. J. F., & Bermúdez, B. L. (2020). Industry 4.0 in the port and maritime industry: A literature review. Journal of Industrial Information Integration, 20, 100173.
- Johl, J (2022, January). What are APIs and how do APIs work?. MuleSoft. Retrieved August 10, 2022, from https://blogs.mulesoft.com/learn-apis/api-led-connectivity/what-are-apis-how-do-apis-work/
- Lee, K., & Ha, N. (2018, January). AI platform to accelerate API economy and ecosystem. In 2018 International Conference on Information Networking (ICOIN) (pp. 848-852). IEEE.
- PPA (2022a). DOTr Sec. Bautista directs PPA to reduce shipping, travel costs; maintain safe, secure, convenient travel. Philippine Ports Authority. Retrieved August 10, 2022, from https://www.ppa.com.ph/content/dotr-sec-bautista-directs-ppa-reduce-shipping-travel-costs-maintain-safe-secure-convenient
- PPA (2022b). PPA starts review of operations to reduce shipping, travel costs. Philippine Ports Authority. Retrieved August 10, 2022, from https://www.ppa.com.ph/content/ppa-starts-review-operations-reduce-shipping-travel-costs
- Mosqueira-Rey, E., Alonso-Ríos, D., Moret-Bonillo, V., Fernández-Varela, I., & Álvarez-Estévez, D. (2018). A systematic approach to API usability: Taxonomy-derived criteria and a case study. Information and Software Technology, 97, 46-63.
- Ofoeda, J., Boateng, R., & Effah, J. (2019). Application programming interface (API) research: A review of the past to inform the future. International Journal of Enterprise Information Systems (IJEIS), 15(3), 76-95.
- Sunio et al (2022). Research and Development Agenda for the Philippine Maritime Sector: Results from Stakeholder Consultations (under review).
- Tijan, E., Jović, M., Aksentijević, S., & Pucihar, A. (2021). Digital transformation in the maritime transport sector. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 170, 120879.
- Zachariadis, M., & Ozcan, P. (2017). The API economy and digital transformation in financial services: The case of open banking. In SSRN Electronic Journal. Elsevier BV. https://doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.2975199