Augmented Reality Ordering System With Data Analytics To Support Decision Making In The Restaurant Chains
- Montaigne G. Molejon
- Benilda Eleonor V. Comendador
- Open University, Polytechnic University of the Philippines
Restaurants are really dependent on the experience and engagement of their customers in which customer satisfaction is the core part for the growth of the organization. It was revealed that bad experience comes in numerous reasons that can really affect customer experience. The main objective of the study was to create a modern ordering system using augmented reality with data analytics to enhance customer experience by providing an interactive way of ordering. The study utilized descriptive method to describe the behavior or assessment of the respondents about the study and developed software application. The study intended to provide a kind of experience that will be enjoyed by a customer and also, to give an easy-to- use application that can help the establishment in boosting not just their sales but also, their morale as a business in restaurant industry.
- Augmented Reality, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Big Data, Data Mining, Apriori Algorithm
APA 7th Edition:
Molejon, M., & Comendador, B. (2020). Augmented Reality Ordering System With Data Analytics To Support Decision Making In The Restaurant Chains. Innovatus, 3(1), 18-28.
Molejon, M. and Comendador, B., 2020. Augmented Reality Ordering System With Data Analytics To Support Decision Making In The Restaurant Chains. Innovatus, 3(1), pp.18-28.
 M. Molejon and B. Comendador, "Augmented Reality Ordering System With Data Analytics To Support Decision Making In The Restaurant Chains", Innovatus, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 18-28, 2020.
- Carlin, S. 2018. How Restaurants Can Personalize the Customer Experience. Retrieved March 7, 2019, from https://www.fsrmagazine.com/expert-takes/how-restaurants-can-personalize-customer-experience
- Forbes Insight. 2016. Data Elevates the Customer Experience. Retrieved March 12, 2019, from https://www.forbes.com/article/dataelevatesthecustomerexperience?=
- Hotjar. 2019. Understanding Customer Experience. Retrieved March 12, 2019 from https://www.hotjar.com/customer-experience
- Hemmer, M. 2016. Augmented Reality 101 – A Dummy's Guide to AR. Retrieved March 13, 2019, from http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~jos/bayes/bayes.html
- Siltanen, S. 2012. Theory and Applications of Marker-Based Augmented Reality. Finland: VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland.
- Evans, B. 2016. Videos of the Future. Retrieved April 2, 2019 from https://www.ben-evans.com/benedictevans/2016/7/26/videos-of-the-future
- ThinkMobiles. 2019. Augmented Reality in Furniture. Retrieved April 2, 2019, from https://thinkmobiles.com/blog/augmented-reality-furniture/
- Briseria, A., & Rao, A. 2016. Human Computer Interface-Augmented Reality. International Journal of Engineering Science and Computing, 2594-2594. Retrieved April 6, 2019 from http://ijesc.org/upload/1ab1662c4e405437470f59912c5f4a54.Human%20Computer%20InterfaceAugmented%20Reality.pdf
- Krevelen, D., W., F., & Poelman, R. 2010. A Survey of Augmented Reality Technologies, Applications and Limitations. The International Journal of Virtual Reality, 9(2), 1-15. Retrieved April 15, 2019 from http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.454.8190&rep=rep1&type=pdf
- Bermejo, C., Huang, Z., Braud, T., & Hui, P. 2017. When Augmented Reality meets Big Data. Retrived April 23, 2019 from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/317576691_When_Augmented_Reality_meets_Big_Data
- Bansal, D., & Bhambu, L. (2013). Execution of APRIORI Algorithm of Data Mining Directed Towards Tumultuous Crimes Concerning Women. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, 3(9), 54-60. Retrieved May 6, 2019 from https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/bd3f/b609751761decf3cd76771d05a36cf1080ec.pdf
- Kira. 2019. Why Your Restaurant Business Needs A Data Mining Solution. Retrieved June 2, 2019 from https://blog.mirus.com/why-your-restaurant-business-needs-a-data-mining-solution
- Hackerearth Blog. 2017. A Beginner’s Tutorial on the Apriori Algorithm in Data Mining with R Implementation. Retrieved from https://www.hackerearth.com/blog/developers/beginners-tutorial-apriori-algorithm-data-mining-r-implementation
- Sanz, D. S., & Agrawal, A. 2014. Automated Menu Recommendation System Based on Past Preferences. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, 5(7), 74-77. Retrieved from https://thesai.org/Downloads/Volume5No7/Paper_11-Automated_menu_recommendation_system_based_on_past_preferences.pdf
- Ashley Crossman., (2018). Understanding Purposive Sampling: An Overview of the Method and Its Applications. Retrieved October 3, 2019 from https://www.thoughtco.com/purposive-sampling-3026727